Partea 1 – Fiecare consuma putin, dar suntem multi.
Atat de multi incat “putin” multiplicat cu “mult” da “foarte mult”. Cateva ilustratii artistice ale acestei inmultiri cu date din SUA sunt transformate in arta de fotograful Chris Jordan in Running the Numbers.
Exemplu: 2 milioane de sticle de plastic – cam cate sunt folosite in Statele Unite in fiecare 5 minute.
rezolutie mai mare:
rezolutie mai mare:
Intolerable Beauty: Portraits of American Mass ConsumptionExploring around our country’s shipping ports and industrial yards, where the accumulated detritus of our consumption is exposed to view like eroded layers in the Grand Canyon, I find evidence of a slow-motion apocalypse in progress. I am appalled by these scenes, and yet also drawn into them with awe and fascination. The immense scale of our consumption can appear desolate, macabre, oddly comical and ironic, and even darkly beautiful; for me its consistent feature is a staggering complexity.
The pervasiveness of our consumerism holds a seductive kind of mob mentality. Collectively we are committing a vast and unsustainable act of taking, but we each are anonymous and no one is in charge or accountable for the consequences. I fear that in this process we are doing irreparable harm to our planet and to our individual spirits.
As an American consumer myself, I am in no position to finger wag; but I do know that when we reflect on a difficult question in the absence of an answer, our attention can turn inward, and in that space may exist the possibility of some evolution of thought or action. So my hope is that these photographs can serve as portals to a kind of cultural self-inquiry. It may not be the most comfortable terrain, but I have heard it said that in risking self-awareness, at least we know that we are awake.
Partea 2 – Fiecare poate face cate putin, si suntem multi.
Din nou putin multiplicat cu mult poate da foarte mult.. “actiuni mici, multi oameni, o mare schimbare” suna in romana motto-ul weAreWhatWeDo. Printre multe actiuni care ‘schimba lumea in bine’ in general sunt si actiuni eco gen ‘decline plastic bags whenever possible’ care nu pot decat sa ma unga pe suflet.
Proudly presenting my actions:
* Action 01. Decline plastic bags wherever possible.
* Action 06. Take public transport when you can
* Action 12. Turn off appliances at the mains (n-am d’astea)
* Action 17. Try watching less TV (n-am nici d’asta)
* Action 21. Turn off unnecessary lights
* Action 24. Put your gum in the bin (cu asta nu m-as fi dat mare vreodata :D)
* Action 25. Use a mug not a plastic cup (alea de plastic suck anyways)
* Action 29. Recycle your computer (traiasca 3 noiembrie)
* Action 31. Turn off the tap whilst you brushing your teeth
* Action 33. Recycle your books (pentru moment, catre sor’mea)
* Action 52. Recycle waste paper (copacul de hartie)
* Action 46. Use both sides of every piece of paper
* Action 72. Lose the plastic cup
* Action 78. Photocopy on both sides
* Action 91. Take the stairs
* Action 04. Learn basic first aid
* Action 05. Smile and smile back
* Action 11. Get fitter, feel better
* Action 16. Give your change to charity
* Action 18. Learn to be friendly in another language
* Action 73. Leave work on time at least once a week
* Action 97. Say thanks